- Hi, Sophie! How much do you and Jack pay to live here?
- And what do you get for what you pay?
A large 1 bed loftstyle semi-detached mews house.
- Do you feel like you have a good deal?
We pay what I would expect to be the going rate for a property like this.
- What do you think of the area, Redhill?
Very conveniently located in that it's close to Reigate and lots of local amenities. Redhill train station has also got excellent links to London and we can still travel to our offices door-to-door one hour.
- How did you find the property?
- Do you feel like you have enough space?
Definitely. We have a Miniature Schnauzer and both have lots of stuff (mainly clothes!) and so the size of the property is spacious and absolutely perfect for us. We also feel like we don't get on top of each other as we have experienced in other, smaller properties before.
- How have you made the house feel like home?
We have lots of house plants, ornaments, pictures and books. The property came unfurnished and so we have been able to really put our own stamp on it.
- Have you found it difficult to decorate when renting? Is your landlord happy with you doing bits?
We haven't decorated at all so we wouldn't be able to comment. However, our dealings with the landlord so far via Ralph James has been very positive.
- Are there any problems with the home you have to deal with?
We had some utility bill issues to begin with owing to the fact that the property is quite old (one of the reasons we love the aesthetic of it!) and the washing machine broke, but our landlord/Ralph James were so responsive that we got a new one delivered within a few days.
- Do you have plans to move again any time soon?
No; we are enjoying living here and want to fully embrace that. This definitely feels like our home.
- Do you want to own a place some day or are you happy to rent?
Yes, absolutely. There is always the difficult of feeling like you're paying for someone else's mortgage and it feels an important life step to get on the property ladder. However, we're in no hurry as buying properties in the South of England is expensive and we prioritise living somewhere we are comfortable in over buying a flat that we wouldn't love.