Established in 1927, Old Reigatian RFC boasts outstanding facilities in the heart of Reigate. There are four senior sides as well as minis, juniors and girls sections. Six full size pitches, parking and a large bar also makes this a wonderful venue.
For the second year running, Ralph James are proud to be headline sponsors for the Old Reigatian rugby club in Reigate. If you’ve been to a minis game, you’ll have seen us on their t-shirts, as well as adorning the goal posts and club house.
A little history on ORRFC, at roughly the start of 1926 Reigate Grammar School made the switch to rugby from football. 18 months later, in May 1927, Old Reigatian RFC was founded. Whilst they compete very successfully in all areas of the club, the main goal is for members to have fun and they have a thriving social side to the club. With six pitches (two floodlit), a training pitch, first-class changing facilities, gym, physio room, bar and catering for 160 people, all within a five minute walk of Reigate’s historic high street, this is a club to be proud of, open to our wider community.
Left to right: Marie Elise, Molly, Ashley, Jackie and Robin.
Hosted by Tom Brading, minis chair and self-named captain of chaos, 1:30pm saw in a round of shots followed by an English lunch and speeches. Table 4 was certainly one full of laughter and talking all things Reigate!
It was wonderful to learn about all the charity work ORRFC have been doing this year, for Dementia UK, and there were more than a few members of the club rocking a ‘tache for Movember! The Ralph James team were (easily) persuaded to take part in the rowing challenge, each rowing 500m to fundraise for men’s mental health. We’ll spare the team and not share those photos!
At 2:30pm the ORRFC 1st XV played against the Battersea Ironsides.
With the 2012 Clubhouse and the recent development of 12-acre field, ORRFC is a club to be proud of.